Steve was born in Ames, Iowa, on December 6, 1960. He lived in the Ames community for his entire childhood.
Steve attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, where he played football and thrived academically. In 1981, he was honored to be chosen as a Harry S. Truman Scholar for the State of Iowa. He graduated summa cum laude from Simpson College in 1983.
Boalt Hall School of Law, at the University of California in Berkeley, beckoned, and Steve made his initial journey to the State of California in the fall of 1983 to begin his law studies.
Steve graduated in 1986 and moved to Dallas, Texas, where he began his legal career. In 1989, Steve was invited to move to his wife Whitney's hometown of Santa Rosa, California, to join Geary, Shea, O'Donnell & Grattan. Steve has enjoyed living in and practicing in Santa Rosa since 1989.
Steve and Whitney have been blessed with three daughters and a son-in-law. Steve has greatly enjoyed coaching his daughters in soccer and basketball and supporting them in their academic and athletic endeavors.
Steve and Whitney are also insufferably proud of their grandsons, Cal, Rory, and Merrick.
- Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, J.D., 1986.
- Simpson College, Indianola, IA, B.A., summa cum laude, 1983.
- Law Office of Steven M. Olson, Santa Rosa, CA. 2005-2021.
- Geary, Shea, O'Donnell & Grattan, Santa Rosa, CA. 1989-2005.
- Hopkins & Sutter, Dallas, TX. 1988-1989.
- Jenkens & Gilchrist, Dallas, TX. 1986-1988.